Oast House Media have been building websites for nearly 20 years and since 2015 we’ve used the WordPress platform, but why?
- WordPress is FREE! So when you purchase a web design from OHM you’re not paying for any development costs, just the time it takes to put the pages and design together.
- WordPress is a ‘cloud’ based application enabling updating via the ‘dashboard’ editing pages anywhere in the world as long as you have a secure internet connection.
- You do not require ‘specialist’ software, WordPress plug-ins can be used to edit images (size) and design the page layout.
- WordPress is Google friendly, all pages and posts can be optimised to work with Google and the other mainstream search engines.
- WordPress and the WordPress themes are ‘responsive’, this means they adapt to screen sizes so your web content can be viewed on any device without loss of quality.
- WordPress auto-updates to stay in line with security issues and search engine requirements.
- WordPress websites are an easy and cheap to refresh/re-design, you just change the theme.
- WordPress web pages are created within a database, therefore they are searchable (like this post, see the search field above the categories and archive sections).
- You can integrate and live link to social media sites using dedicated WordPress plug-ins.
- WordPress e-commerce shops are out of the box and with their add-ons very sophisticated and easy to manage (stock/back orders/invoicing etc).
- There are millions of on-line support pages and videos to help you if you’re not sure how to do something.
There are so many reason why WordPress is the market leader and why we chose to design using this platform in 2015. If you would like to know a bit more about WordPress and a website design using this platform contact us.